Friday, 11 November 2016

A song I wrote and recorded in 2002 called Going Mad.

https://m.soundcloud.com/john-slinger/going-mad

GOING MAD

DIY reality
Taken from a TV screen
Soma for society
Selling you impossible dreams
Everything is going so cheap

All the stars are faking it
And everybody's buying it
See them with their weasel grin
Statues of a state we're in now
Everybody's giving in now

'Cos the whole world's going mad
Useless and forgettable
God damn my latest fad
Pointless and predictable

Can you hear the drums of war
Beating up outside your door
Fighting in the neighbourhood 
Fighting in the whole of this world
Hasn't anybody here learnt?

'Cos the whole world's going mad...
...maybe you can save he world

Pointless and predictable...

'Cos the whole world's going mad
Useless and forgettable
And you're my latest fad 
Pointless and predictable
The whole world's going mad 
You give me my sanity 
The whole world's going mad
Take away my vanity
But the whole world's going mad
You give my sanity
The whole world's going mad
Take away my vanity

Give me spontaneity 
Give me creativity
Give me spontaneity
Give me creativity

(C) John Slinger
All rights reserved

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.